Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tutorial Task 2 - My own experiences with communication technologies

The first time I used the computer was at home when I was 9 years old. My father bought the computer from the Shenzhen city and then mailed it home. It was a desktop computer. In my memory, I felt scared about the computer that moment because I did not know how to use it while I clearly knew that that was an expensive thing.

I started learning about the computer from 11 years old, when my father returned home from the Shenzhen Province. He taught me the basic knowledge of the computer, such as the monitor, mouse, how to start...Which impressed me was that my father pushing me to practice typing all the time. Our school opened the computing class when I was in Grade 4, I even participated in the design competition:) The teachers taught us to use Internet to send email and how to search information on the web, which seemed to be amazing for me at that time and of course that is definitely useful.

I did not using Internet for the entertainment purpose until I graduated from the senior high school due to the busy study, but I knew that most of my Friends enjoyed themselves quite a lot. When I started using Internet for different kind of purposes, I felt worried about my privacy as someone may steal my account and my chatting history can be seen by someone without promise. Not bad, the companies such as QQ, face book always try to solve such problems by using different kinds of new technologies, so actually I trust the Internet a lot. I never play Internet games because I think it is just a kind of business way of the companies which not only waste time but also waste money.

To sum up, new technologies changed my life a lot, I love it!



There is a vedio which is related to new communication technology, which introduce the history of the Internet:

No comments:

Post a Comment